You may have a claim in defamation if comments have been made about you in the public sphere that damage your reputation, and it can be an emotional and stressful matter to deal with. More recently, defamation claims have gained more publicity in light of the volume and visibility of publications across social media and other digital forums.
If you have seen or heard of publications being made about you, or if someone has made claims of defamation against you, we can assist, including by:
- Advising on and pursuing defamation claims
- Defending defamation claims
- Drafting and responding to “concerns notices” under the Defamation Act
- Preparing “cease and desist” correspondence
- Communicating with third party publishers (Google, Facebook, media outlets) relating to the removal of offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content